Now, you can simply add thistag to specify your preferred version:
inside thesection of the duplicate content URLs:
and Google will understand that the duplicates all refer to the canonical URL: http://www.example.com/product.php?xxxxx. Additional URL properties, like PageRank and related signals, are transferred as well.
Its simple, Just follow the below steps:
- Go to Dashboard.
- Go to Dashboard > Settings.
- Go to Dashboard > Settings > General Settings. (i.e .. You can find it at … http://Yourblog.com/oldblog/wp-admin/options-general.php)
- Under WordPress address (URL) and Site address (URL) put http://Yourblog.com
- Its Done!! Enjoy!!!
Okay so for those who don’t know, Dmoz is actually an Open Directory Project list includes a vast list of websites from round the globe. The main thing about Dmoz directory is that its a human edited directory and your site must be a quality website so as to get listed in this directory.
As this is a human edited directory so it might take months and sometimes even years to get listed in this directory, But before you submitt your website into it just make sure ur website matches all the below conditions:
- Make sure your site has 100% unique and fresh content, no out-dated content and no false content.
- Make sure it has no spelling mistake and have a good design, dont make it look anonying.
- Try to provide physical and telephonic details on your website if you are selling something so that ur website looks more genuine.
- Don’t make any mistake in choosing the most relevant category for your website.
- Have proper record .. on when and in which category you submitted ur wesite, so that if required you can enqire then about the same.
- Don’t submitt your website too quickly as this might flag ur submission as spam, this will make it difficult for your website to get listed in the directory.
- You can send a message directly to the editor of the category you submitted your website. Towards the bottom of every category page you can find the editor name.
- You can also content them at make sure you have proper date and category you submitted your website to.
Just keep the above points in mind and it will be easy to get your site listed next time.
If you still find it hard .. just let me know !!
Okay, There was an idiot project manager in my previous office where I worked for something around 5 Months (My First and Last experience with Job). I’m not sure if he read my blog or not .. but if he read this blog then this post will definately explain him what exactly are Canonical URL’s and what exactly Duplicate Content is called in terms of SEO!!
Yahoo, Google and Live Search Have finally announced there support for canonical link element which will help site owners with duplicate content issues.
Actually this is from last week’s Matt’s presentation at SMX West.
Search engine optimization (SEO) has become the buzz word of today. In order to rank high in search engines a website should be optimized as per the guidelines of the search engine.
SEO can be divided in to two different categories the first one being onpage optimization and other one being the off page optimization. Onpage optimization involves in effective inclusion of keywords and phrases in domain name, website name, the content of the website, urls of internal pages, meta tags, meta descriptions, and alt image ids.
Offpage optimization is anything done outside the web pages and this includes backlinks, directory submission, article submission, and the like. This article is an attempt to elucidate the techniques in link building for a website.
One of the criteria for the search engines in ranking a website is the number of relevant backlinks. This process of acquiring relevant backlinks is known as link building. There different strategies for link building of which some are reciprocal links, one way links, paid links, text links, links through banners, links form blog sites, and more.
The following are the important point to remember when you start link building.
- Your links should originate form web pages that contain relevant content to your website.
- See that the web page from where you get the link has minimum outbound links.
- Verify the crawl frequency to know if the webpage is crawled by major search engines.
- See to that your links are visible to the visitors.
- Confirm the page rank, traffic, duration of links, quality of links and the total number of outbound links before you get the link from a website.
- Do not get links from unrelated websites.
- Avoid websites with low page rankings/porn/adult sites.
- Never go for penalized sites involved in Black Hat SEO.
- Do not get links from websites that exaggerate their page ranks.
Whether your goal is to generate a lead or to close a sale, creating an effective landing page is necessary for reaching your goal. With a great landing page, your visitors will be far likelier to take the action you desire. Unfortunately, most landing pages aren’t great. Instead, they seem to be created simply as a filler page for customers to land on. As a result, the visitor hits the “back” button as soon as they land on the page.
So, what can you do to ensure your visitors are sticking around? Follow these 7 tips for successful landing pages.
- Write a Great Headline- The first thing visitors to your landing page see is the headline. A boring, keyword-stuffed headline won’t do the job here. Your headline needs to refer to the place from which the visitor clicked to get to your page. It also should be strong enough to entice the visitor to keep reading. Some copywriters prefer using leading questions; others favor writing compelling headlines that sell a benefit.
- Use Clean Design- Remember, this is a landing page, not your home page. Keep the design as simple as possible. The goal of your landing page design should be to direct the visitor’s eye flow toward the call to action. For this reason, you need to eliminate any unnecessary distractions from the page. Keep it simple!
- Make it Easy to Scan- This goes hand in hand with the above point. You want to make your text as easy to scan as possible. Your visitors don’t want to read a long block of text. Break the content into short paragraphs, and bold a few key phrases throughout the body. This accommodates the visitor’s inclination to scan rather than to read.
- Have a Clear Call to Action- Your landing page was created for a reason. For some sites, it’s to get a lead. Other landing pages are designed to close a sale. Whatever your purpose, you must have a clear call to action that tells the visitor what you want. If you want them to fill out a brief contact form, tell them. Also, give them an incentive for doing so. Anything from a free consultation to a limited time discount will help convince them to take action.
- Place Important Content Above the Fold- First impressions are important. When a visitor lands on your page, what do they see? Whatever content is above the fold is what determines if they’ll keep reading. You need to have enough content visible to help the reader make a decision without scrolling down.
- Use Real Testimonials- Testimonials are great sales tools. If you can cleanly place a couple of testimonials in a sidebar on the landing page, it will really help your company build trust with visitors. If your readers see the satisfaction others have experienced with your company, they’ll be less worried about getting ripped off.
- Test Landing Page Regularly- Testing your page regularly is the key to creating the most effective landing site. If your page isn’t converting properly, keep tweaking it until it does the job. Have trusted associates look at your landing page to see if there is anything else you can do to improve it. The more you test, the better a page you’ll have.
Post by Eric Brantner