Title tag is one of the most important factors in optimizing a website. Normally i had seen many webmasters using all of there keywords in title tag and making it long and pathetic for the users as well as for search engine to understand what exactly the page is about … they think Title Tag is SEO .. but as we all know that it is not at all true .. it is just a part of SEO .. Always remember using a relevant Title tag is SEO. Title of a web page is supposed to be placed between <title></title> tags in the <head></head> section of every web page of your website.
The Title Tag is not only important for the Search Engines to understand what exactly the page is about but it also helps readers and users visiting the page, Title tag is also indexed by the search engines and displayed as the headline in the Search Engine Ranking Pages along with a few other contents from the web page like sometimes description. So having a relevant title tag is most important factor as a user will judge by seeing your title that how much useful your website is for them.
Here are some of the useful tips on how to write and add a relevant Title Tags for your web page:
- Use keywords related to your web page in the Title Tag.
- Using Important keywords in the starting of Title tag will be of great help in getting good ranks.
- Use less important keywords towards the end of Title Tag.
- Repeating keyword again and again in Title Tag is a bad idea.
- Use themed keywords in the Title.
- I had seen many webmasters place there company name towards the starting of a web page.. this is a bad idea.
- Always add a unique Title Tag for different pages.
- Title Tag must be free of spelling and grammar errors.
- Make the Title Tag look like a natural sentence.
- Remember Google only displays first 60 – 65 characters of your Title Tag, on the other hand Yahoo displays upto 120 characters. So to make it work for both of them, It is recommended to limit the length of your Title Tag to something around 65 Characters, This includes spaces and punctuation.
And finally i will ask you to search for your favorite keyword on google and yahoo and then study there title tag .. this will help you alot ..
Let me know if you still have any doubt about this !!