You start to wonder to yourself if there isn’t another way to get visitors, a way that doesn’t cost you money.
There is a way. Many ways actually.
Here are a few of those ways to get those visitors to your sites without costing you anything:
- Article Marketing – Article marketing is a rather simple process, and is usually the most productive source of free traffic. You write an article about a topic in your niche, include a resource box at the bottom of the article that includes a link back to your web page, and submit the article to one or more article directories. The visitors at those directories read your article and a percentage of them will click on your link and follow it to your site.
- Blogging – Start your own blog in your niche. Blogs aren’t just personal journals anymore, they are a business tool and they are a very good way to position yourself as an expert in your niche. You can set your blog up as part of your niche site, or you can set it up on its own domain and link back to your other sites. And while you are at it, there isn’t any rule that says you can’t have more than one blog and have them all link back to your niche site.
- Forum Posting – Find the major forums in your niche, sign up for accounts and start posting. Most forums will allow you to put a link back to your site in your signature. Your forum posts should not be an attempt to sell, they should provide quality information that will be helpful to the other forum users. If you make quality posts people will follow the link in your signature. If you make spammy posts, you will end up getting banned. Do it the right way.
- Press Releases – About once a month, more often if you have something important to announce, you should use one of the free press release services and put out a press release about your business. If it gets picked up by one of the bigger news services like Google News you can get a great number of people visiting your site.
- Social Bookmarking – Go to sites like digg and del.icio.us and bookmark your sites. Traffic from the front page of these sites can be enormous.
- Social Networking – Don’t forget to set up a site for each of your niches at your favorite social networking sites like Facebook and Myspace. They can bring a slow but steady stream of free traffic to your site.
- Search Engine Traffic – Getting to rank high in Google can at times be one of the hardest things to do, but one of the best ways to improve your rankings is to get a lot of quality back links. And you have been building back links by using the other six methods above haven’t you? Getting your site ranked on the first page of Google can result in an almost guaranteed stream of free visitors.
So there you have seven ways to get free traffic. Utilize all of them and ease that bite on your wallet. The increase in your bottom line will have you looking for even more free ways to get visitors.